This episode is not just a look back on 2019, and a look forward to 2020.
Also, 2019 is the end of an amazingly transofrmative decade for me, so I'm going to discuss that as well.
top 10 episodes of 2019
- 10: episode 46, Testing Hard To Test Applications - Anthony Shaw
- 9: episode 64, Practicing Programming to increase your value
- 8: episode 70, Learning Software without a CS degree - Dane Hillard
- 7: episode 75, Modern Testing Principles - Alan Page
- 6: episode 72, Technical Interview Fixes - April Wensel
- 5: episode 69, Andy Hunt - The Pragmatic Programmer
- 4: episode 73, PyCon 2019 Live Recording
- 3: episode 71, Memorable Tech Talks, The Ultimate Guide - Nina Zakharenko
- 2: episode 76, TDD: Don’t be afraid of Test-Driven Development - Chris May
- 1: episode 89, Improving Programming Education - Nicholas Tollervey
Looking back on the last decade
Some amazing events, like 2 podcasts, a book, a blog, speaking events, and teaching has led me to where we're at now.
Looking forward to 2020 and beyond
I discussed what's in store in the next year and moving forward.
A closing quote
Software is a blast. At least, it should be.
I want everyone to have fun writing software.
Leaning on automated tests is the best way I know to allow me confidence and freedome to:
- rewrite big chunks of code
- play with the code
- try new things
- have fun without fear
- go home feeling good about what I did
- be proud of my code I want everyone to have that.
That's why I promote and teach automated testing.
I hope you had an amazing decade.
And I wish you a productive and fun 2020 and the upcoming decade.
If we work together and help eachother reach new heights, we can achieve some pretty amazing things