I want you to get the most out of being a software developer, or test engineer, or whatever you do that makes this podcast relevant to your life.
By "get the most" I mean:
- the most fun
- the most value
- more career options
- probably more responsibility
- maybe even more money, that'd be cool
I want you to start (or continue) studying and practicing your skills.
But not just random practice, I've got a strategy to help you focus what to study.
Why am I talking about this now? Here's some background on how I re-learned how to have fun with code refactoring through code challenges.Support Test & Code : Python Testing for Software Engineering
- practicing-programming - Steve Yegge — essay
- The Ultimate Code Kata - Jeff Atwood
- Teach Yourself Programming in Ten Years - Peter Norvig
- PyBites Code Challenges — Hone your Python Skills, in the browser
- Exercism — code practice
- Codewars — Train with Programming Challenges/Kata
- Python Morsels — Challenges emailed to you once a week
- subreddit of code challenges