Some information about software testing is just wrong.
I'm not talking about opinions. I have lots of opinions and they differ from other peoples opinions. I'm talking about misinformation and old information that is no longer applicable.
I've ran across a few lateley that I want to address.
All of the following are wrong:
- Integrated tests can't work. I can prove it with wacky math.
- Tests have to be blazing fast or they won't get run.
- TDD is about design, not about testing.
This episode discusses why these are wrong.Support Test & Code : Python Testing for Software Engineers
- Why should you write tests? - A Question of Code Podcast
- Boundaries talk by Gary Bernhardt
- Integrated Tests Are A Scam - J B Rainsberger
- UnitTest - Solitary or Sociable - and speed - Martin Fowler
- Premature optimization is the root of all evil -- DonaldKnuth
- My reaction to "Is TDD Dead?" - Python Testing
- Test-induced design damage - DHH
- Slow database test fallacy - DHH
- RailsConf 2014 - Keynote: Writing Software - DHH
- Manifesto for Agile Software Development
- Apache Beam Contrib Guide, including post commit testing