tox is a simple yet powerful tool that is used by many Python projects.
tox is not just a tool to help you test a Python project against multiple versions of Python. In this interview, Oliver and Brian just scratch the surface of this simple yet powerful automation tool.
This is from the tox documentation:
tox is a generic virtualenv management and test command line tool you can use for:
- checking your package installs correctly with different Python versions and interpreters
- running your tests in each of the environments, configuring your test tool of choice
- acting as a frontend to Continuous Integration servers, greatly reducing boilerplate and merging CI and shell-based testing.
Yet tox is so much more. It can help create development environments, hold all of your admin scripts, ...
I hope you enjoy this wonderful discussion of tox with Oliver Bestwalter, one of the core maintainers of tox.Support Test & Code - Python Testing & Development
- tox project documentation
- tox recreate : "Have you turned it off and on again?" for tox
- "Hello world" of tox
- tox also has plugins
- talk by Bernát Gábor about a tox based workflow at EuroPython 2018
- adding a description to your environments
- detox - distributed tox
- devpi: private package index
- PyCharm plugin to easily set the project interpreter via context menu: PyVenvmanage
- power mode in atom
- Power Mode for PyCharm