This episode starts down the path of test strategy with the first tests to write in either a legacy system or a project just getting off it's feet.
- My approach to testing existing systems.
- Put names to strategies so we can refer to them later.
- Explain the strategies in general terms and explain why they are useful.
- Discuss how these strategies are used in an example project. (The code is available on github).
Strategies covered today:
- Dog Fooding
- Exploratory Testing
- Tracer Bullet Tests
- Act Like A Customer (ALAC) Tests
- Manual Procedures
- Initial automated tests at 2 levels, API and UI.