19: Python unittest with Robert Collins
Episode 19 · June 15th, 2016 · 40 mins 25 secs
About this Episode
Interview with Robert Collins, current core maintainer of Python's unittest module.
Some of the topics covered
- How did Robert become the maintainer of unittest?
- unittest2 as a rolling backport of unittest
- test and class parametrization with subtest and testscenarios
- Which extension to unittest most closely resembles Pytest fixtures?
- Comparing Pytest and unittest
- Will unittest ever get assert rewriting?
- Future changes to unittest
I've been re-studying unittest recently and I mostly wanted to ask Robert a bunch of clarifying questions.
This is an intermediate to advanced discussion of unittest.
Many great features of unittest go by quickly in this talk.
Please let me know if there's something you'd like me to cover in more depth as a blog post or a future episode.