When you are teaching someone web development skills, when is the right time to start teaching code quality and testing practices?
Karl Stolley believes it's never too early. Let's hear how he incorporates code quality in his courses.
Our discussion includes:
- starting people off with good dev practices and tools
- html and css validation
- visual regression testing
- using local dev servers, including https
- incorporating testing with git hooks
- testing to aid in css optimization and refactoring
- the tree legged stool of learning and progressing as a developer: testing, version control, and documentation
Karl is also writing a book on WebRTC, so we jump into that a bit too.