Managing Software Teams - Ryan Cheley
Episode 183 · March 16th, 2022 · 47 mins 48 secs
About this Episode
Ryan Cheley joins me today to talk about some challenges of managing software teams, and how to handle them.
We end up talking about a lot of skills that are excellent for software engineers as well as managers.
Some topics discussed:
- handling code reviews
- asking good questions
- being honest about what you can't do with current resources and data
- discussing tradeoffs and offering solutions that can be completed faster than the ideal solution
- balancing engineering and managing
- making sure documentation happens
- remote teams
- encouraging collaboration
- encouraging non-work-related conversations
- watching out for overworking