pip : "pip installs packages" or maybe "Package Installer for Python"
pip is an invaluable tool when developing with Python.
A lot of people know pip as a way to install third party packages from pypi.org
You can also use pip to install from other indexes (or is it indices?)
You can also use pip to install a package in a local directory.
That's the part I want to jump in and explore with Stéphane Bidoul.
The way pip installs from a local directory is about to change, and the story is fascinating.
- The Odoo Community Association
- PEP 610 -- Recording the Direct URL Origin of installed distributions | Python.org
- PEP 660 -- Editable installs for pyproject.toml based builds (wheel based) | Python.org — Bidoul
- pip install --no-index --find-links <url or directory>
- Solving issues related to out-of-tree builds · Issue #7555 · pypa/pip
- pip list json format