I always learn a lot when I talk to Brett, and this episode is no exception.
We talk about the packaging workflow, tools, changes, pyproject.toml, flit, setuptools, and so much more.
I hope you learn as much as I did in this great discussion.
- Python Packaging User Guide
- pypa/packaging: Core utilities for Python packages
- flit and requires-python
- Extending and Embedding the Python Interpreter — Python 3.9.2 documentation
- PEP 518 -- Specifying Minimum Build System Requirements for Python Projects | Python.org
- PEP 517 -- A build-system independent format for source trees | Python.org
- Flit editable installs with --symlink or --pth-file
- PEP 440 -- Version Identification and Dependency Specification | Python.org
- Specifying requires-python with flit
- Universal 1 binary
- Universal 2 binary
- Cython: C-Extensions for Python
- pybind11: Seamless operability between C++11 and Python
- conda environments