Building any software, including web apps and APIs requires testing.
There's automated testing, and there's manual testing.
In between that is exploratory testing aided by automation tools.
Michael Kennedy joins the show this week to share some of the tools he uses during development and maintenance.
We talk about tools used for semi-automated exploratory testing.
We also talk about some of the other tools and techniques he uses to keep Talk Python Training, Talk Python, and Python Bytes all up and running smoothly.
We talk about:
- sitemap link testing
- scripts for manual processes
- using failover servers during maintenance, redeployments, etc
- gitHub webhooks and scripts to between fail over servers and production during deployments automatically
- floating IP addresses
- services to monitor your site: StatusCake, BetterUptime
- the affect of monitoring on analytics
- crash reporting: Rollbar, Sentry
- response times
- load testing: Locus