mocking in Python - Anna-Lena Popkes
Episode 132 · September 28th, 2020 · 40 mins 49 secs
About this Episode
Using mock objects during testing in Python.
Anna-Lena joins the podcast to teach us about mocks and using unittest.mock objects during testing.
- the different styles of using mocks
- pros and cons of mocks
- dependency injection
- adapter pattern
- mock hell
- magical universe
- and much more
Talk Python Training
Online video courses for Python developers
Try PyCharm Pro for 4 months and learn how PyCharm will save you time.
When bad things happen, it's nice to know that Honeybadger has your back. 30% off for first 6 months when you mention Test & Code Podcast when signing up.
- Personal webpage of Anna-Lena Popkes
- Magical Universe — Awesome Python features explained using the world of magic
- Test & Code 102: Cosmic Python, TDD, testing and external dependencies — The episode where Harry Percival discusses mocking.
- Talk: Harry Percival - Stop Using Mocks (for a while) - YouTube — Talk: Harry Percival - Stop Using Mocks (for a while)
- Mock Hell Talk (45 min version) Edwin Jung - PyCon 2019
- Mock Hell Talk (30 min version) - Edwin Jung - PyConDE
- PyCon Estonia
- KI macht Schule!
- Talk Python #186 : 100 Days of Python in a Magical Universe