1: What to expect from the Python Test Podcast
About This Episode
Upcoming topic categories:
- Mechanics of testing
- testing concepts and strategies
- Software development methodologies
- Software development skills and best practices
- Software testing in education and programming instruction
- Using Python test frameworks for non-Python projects
Each of the categories is broken into topic ideas in the audio.
- Promote the idea that strategically combining software testing into the development process does NOT take more time.
- Have learning a test framework be easy.
- Promote pytest for new projects.
- Cover unittest and nose, and how to work around some of their limitations.
- Promote functional, system, and subcutaneous testing.
- Promote the phrase "automated test" in place of "unit test" in most usages.
- Introduce people to topics around software development and software testing.
- Promote "Lean TDD": the good parts of Agile, Lean, BDD, and TDD.
- Create a podcast series that can be used as a reference. 10-12. Stretch goals. Listen to the audio for these.
- how we're gonna deal with code examples since this is audio
- will there be guests or sponsors
- how frequent will the show be
- software developers/engineers
- software testers
- team leads
- software project managers